Assignment 4: Design Development: Spatial Volume
Students will receive a mark of satisfactory/unsatisfactory Due: No later than 11:30PM ET Day 4 of Unit 8
- Assess feedback from midterm presentation and submission and implement changes as necessary to furniture plans
- Refine and detail 2D visual exploration and associated drawings
- develop sectional elevation that visually demonstrates structural information, volume, form
- Demonstrate ability to execute technical drawings to a professional standard
- Refine preliminary FF&E and finish selections based on their appropriateness and function
- Apply detail and materiality to already developed 3D sketch exploration
This assignment will further develop the visual articulation of your term project. Emphasis is placed on the submission of refined and detailed furniture plans and elevations and the exploration of form and volume through the development of two cross-sectional drawing. Students will also refine their preliminary FF&E as well as finishes for primary focal areas. Further exploration, refinement and detail of 3-dimensional sketches are also developed.
- Assignment 3 submission feedback
- Sketchbook/trace paper
- Black markers
- Imperial scale
- Drafting pencils
- Vellum or mylar for final drawing
- INdesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint or whichever program you feel comfortable using, assembling project entirety
- Review the feedback provided from Assignment 3. Make the necessary changes required based on the feedback you have received, residential planning standards, lectures and kitchen and bathroom design standards, to your furniture plans and submitted elevations.
- Begin to detail your plans and elevations. Ie. kitchen cabinetry design, material representation based on your selections
- Ensure accuracy of clearances and sizes.
- In addition to the elevation symbols already included on the plan, include both cross-section lines and symbols.
Longitudinal & Latitudinal Cross-Sections
- Draft ONE longitudinal (north/south) cross section and ONE (east/west) latitudinal cross section of your loft at ¼”=1’-0” scale on 11”x17” paper (as required)
- These sections will show both floors of the loft, simultaneously. Show thickness of all floor, ceiling, and wall assemblies (including windows and doors) as per the information given in the previous assignment brief.
- Ensure you have implemented accurate heights, sizes, etc within your cross-sections.
- Referring to the location of your cut line, draw the elevation of any interior walls that are exposed. Be sure to review the cut-line location with your professor to ensure you are selecting the best views.
- Note: these sections MUST include your stairs.
- Include all required and shown furniture, artwork, millwork, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Label all drawings with title, scale
- Your name, assignment number and class code will appear on the bottom right hand corner.
Refined & Detailed Sketches
- Using the sketches developed in Assignment 2, select 3 of your strongest.
- Using trace, re-draw the sketches based on any changes that have been made.
- Apply material definition and further detail that reflect your selections and changes.
- These sketches are to be loose vignettes, done in black line.
- Be sure to include any necessary annotations.
Refined FF&E and Finish Selections
- Based on the feedback received in Assignment 3, begin refining your selection of FF&E and finishes.
- Implement any required changes and make note of product information.
- Ensure you have selected all the required FF&E and finishes/materials required for your loft.
- Update and include any required labeling.
- Ensure cohesiveness, and a direct relationship to your client and concept.
For submission compile the following into a single-file PDF:
- Updated & detailed furniture plans
- Updated & detailed elevations
- 2 cross-sections (north/south & east/west) with furniture etc.
- 3 black-line sketches/vignettes with reflected changes and detail
- refined FF&E and Finish Selections
Save file as: DIDS107_Assignment4_yourlastname_your firstname.pdf
Student submissions will be given a grade of satisfactory or unsatisfactory based on the assignment submission requirements. The professor will provide feedback for all submissions to enable students to make necessary changes to further develop and strengthen their respective projects.
What Makes Us Different – Why Do You Buy Assignments for Us?
“Are you planning to purchase an Assignment Helper? “
Why not try ours! Because, our experts do not see work as a work in progress. They see it as a great opportunity to shape the future of the student. There is a reason why students always rely on us for their assignments. This is because with our Australian online selling service, the reader is able to get the best points.
Following all the guidelines and requirements for the work to be done, and making the order pass many levels of quality inspection, our accessible services are a flawless version of handwritten assignments. This makes us one of Australia’s most widely used foreign aid. Instead of criticizing our services, we would like you to review our website, read satisfied customer reviews and make your own decisions. Prior to that, here is a list of our Australian-distributed shopping services available to the student when purchasing shares online with us:
- Season discount offers
- Live tracking
- Uninterruptible customer support via WhatsApp, Messenger and live chats
- Affordable help
- Live Sessions / Professional Consultations
Check more assignments of Yorkville University DIDS107 Assignments, starting from Assignment 1 to Assignment 6