School of Information and Physical Sciences Information Technology Project
Assessment Item 1
Word Count Assessment Type Weighting:
Method of submission: File Type:
4000 (min) to 4200 (max) Individual
Monday 04 October 2021 by 11.59pm. Blackboard (Turnitin)
Word or PDF LastName_student#_ass1
To facilitate the journey of research and comprehension of the project domain. You are to read journals and books with assistance from general websites to guide you on your research path. This research will demonstrate your research skills, knowledge, comprehension and the relationships between the different authors in your chosen field.
Research Paper Topic:
This paper should explore a topic raised by your project activities. It may be research relating to new approaches to interface design, a new technology platform, a new development approach your team is trying to execute.
Note – the use of the word “new” here does not mean you have to be discovering never before seen technology, it may be technologies or approaches that personally, you have not encountered before; and you are thus needing to discover new knowledge or skills for your own set of skills.
Alternatively, it may be a technology or issue that is not central to what you and your team have been doing, but in the process of your work you have encountered this area and would like to research it a bit further and expand your own understanding – in such a case, the introduction to the literature review should indicate how the project work or your own interests led you to ask and explore the question you are looking at.
The direction of this paper may spring from observing the project management issues raised by the behaviour of your team, but again the motivation for your choice of topic should be made clear in the introduction.
Whilst it will be expected that some of your references may refer to websites that you have drawn on, you should also be drawing on minimum 25 literature published in the referred journals or books accessible through the university library site.
Expected structure (headings)
- Cover sheet (your details etc)
- Abstract (100-150 words)
- Body of report with headings as required
- Reference (at least 25 peer reviewed: Journals or books, plus other references)
- Bibliography (if required)
Whilst two students may decide to write on a similar topic this is not a reason for submitting a collaborative effort. Each paper should be the result of work done only by yourself, any evidence of team work will be treated as breaching the academic integrity guidelines and assessed on that basis.
General Marking Guide
- The paper will be marked on issues of readability as well as content.
- Discusses the topic and presents your own ideas and conclusions
- Evidence that the research topic is related to the project and the student has understood the relationships to the project from the published literature.
- Evidence that the student has diligently gathered empirical, rational and /or authoritive evidence from a variety of accepted academic sources
All items referenced should be in a APA reference format. If you are not already familiar with correct referencing techniques then review APA referencing: https://libguides.newcastle.edu.au/apa-7th
- Min 25 peer reviewed journal or book references and then other sources
- Abstract approx. 100 to 150 words.
- Adheres to the general presentation as follows
- References (APA)
- Page numbers in the footer
- Your name in the footer or header
- Include spaces between paragraphs
- Font 11-12
- Tables: Caption at top
- Figures: Caption at bottom
Any questions please post to assessment 1 forum.No Fields Found.