|ASSESSMENT 1 BRIEF|
|Subject Code and Name||MIS500 Foundations of Information Systems|
|Length||1000 words (+/- 10%)|
|Learning Outcomes||This assessment addresses the following subject learning outcomes: a) Critically analyse the key Information systems concepts and technologies in the context of contemporary businesses and organisations.|
|Submission||By 11:59 PM AEST/AEDT Friday of Module 2.2|
|Total Marks||20 marks|
The assessment suite in this subject is built on top of skills you are building in your learning activities. Although the learning activities do not carry any assessable weight by themselves, completing them and seeking input from your peers and the learning facilitator is essential for you to achieving a positive result in the subject. Before beginning this assessment, be sure that you have completed the learning activities in the modules one and two.
This assignment aims to give you commercially viable skills for your future career. Sneakers and streetwear have revolutionised fashion and lifestyle. From Nike, Puma, Adidas to Converse, Yeezy to Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Chanel everyone is wearing sneakers. Kanye West, Mark Zuckerberg, Taylor Swift, Virat Kohli, Beyonce and people from all walks of life both young and old are wearing sneakers.
Celebrity endorsement and the ‘seal’ of an influencer can elevate a brand – sometimes even that of a virtual influencer!
In this assignment you will audit, analyse and evaluate the social and digital media of a sneaker brand or a sneaker retailer brand endorsed by either a celebrity or virtual influencer.
Describe the history of the sneaker brand or retailer (Nike, Rebel Sport, Foot Locker, Culture Kings, Puma, Hype, GOAT, Adidas or any local or international brand) that is available online. Discuss why this brand or store is your choice. (250 words at max)
- Audit and Analysis Visit the brand or retailer’s website and audit the social media platforms. You should be investigating the traditional online advertising medium and the social media platforms (Facebook, WeChat, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, QQ, Tumblr, Qzone, LinkedIn, Youtube, TikTok, Twitter etc.) that is present on the website. As a future IS professional what is your personal opinion of the social media that is currently present. Is the website engaging
- Does the company or retailer actively engage with their customers? Who is the celebrity or influencer that has been engaged to support this company or retailer? How famous is the celebrity or influencer? How influential is the celebrity or influencer in this market both locally and globally? What demographic does the celebrity appeal to? Is the celebrity or influencer influential enough for you and customers of your age to be influenced? (500 words at max)
- Using Porter’s value chain model, present your identified major activities and sub- activities. Make recommendations to the Sneaker Company or Sneaker Retailer on how they can enhance or maximise the value offered to ‘customers’.
- Discussion and Conclusion: Discuss the actions that the Sneaker Company or retailer should engage in so as to increase sales and engage more actively with its customer base. What other types of social media would you introduce to the company or retailer? (250 words at max)
- Recommendations: Make recommendations to the Sneaker Company or Sneaker Retailer on how they can enhance or maximise the value offered to ‘customers’ via the Social Media. (250 words at max)
- The format of this paper is a business report with a cover page, executive summary, table of contents, table of illustrations, introduction, body of report with sub
headings and a conclusion, recommendations and a list of references and finally a set of appendices.
- Students should use initiative and be sure to conform to the APA referencing style, making use of external sources as appropriate. Please see more information on referencing here http://library.laureate.net.au/research_skills/referencing.
- Be sure to bookend your assignment with an introduction and conclusion as well as a list of references that make considerable use of the Torrens University library and databases.
You are expected to begin this assessment when you begin the trimester. Be sure to keep several drafts of your work as well as your notes and any sources you used to draw on in preparing it (hint: Michael E. Porter, should be among your references).
Extensions will be considered only in extenuating circumstances where the student has applied before the due date. At that point, students are required to provide the latest draft, in case the extension is not granted.
Students are responsible for keeping appropriate back-ups and drafts of their assignments and to submit the correct version. Torrens University Australia policies apply to the preparation and submission of this assignment.
Please submit ONE Word document (.doc or .docx) via the Assessment 1 section found in the main navigation menu of the MIS500 Blackboard site. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Academic Integrity Declaration
I declare that except where I have referenced, the work I am submitting for this assessment task is my own work. I have read and am aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure viewable online at https://www.torrens.edu.au/policies- and%20forms
I am aware that I need to keep a copy of all submitted material and their drafts, and I will do so accordingly.
|Assessment Criteria||Fail (Unacceptable) 0-49%||Pass (Functional) 50-64%||Credit (Proficient) 65-74%||Distinction (Advanced) 75 -84%||High Distinction (Exceptional) 85-100%|
|Identification of Primary and Secondary Activities in the Business Model||The focus for this criterion cannot be seen in the assignment. The student seek help from the learning facilitator.||The identification of primary and secondary activities is passable, but more work is needed to focus on business models.||Good insight demonstrated in the identification of primary and secondary activities in the business model.||Very good insight demonstrated in the identification of primary and secondary activities in the business model.||Exceptional insight demonstrated in the identification of primary and secondary activities in the business model.|
|Identification of Links between Primary and Secondary Activities in the Business Model 30%||The focus for this criterion cannot be seen in the assignment. The student should seek help from the learning facilitator.||The identification of links between the primary and secondary activities is passable but more work is needed to focus on the business value.||Good insight demonstrated in the identification of links between the primary and secondary activities in the business model.||Very good insight demonstrated in the identification of links between primary and secondary activities in the business model.||Exceptional insight demonstrated in the identification of links between primary and secondary activities in the business model.|
|Presentation of Assignment, Strength of Recommendations 20%||The presentation and/or recommendations may need additional work. The recommendations may need further tracing back to the analyses.||The presentation is average, and the recommendations can be seen to trace back to the preceding analysis.||Good presentation with appropriate recommendation presented.||Very good presentation with insightful recommendations.||An exceptional assignment presentation with exceptional and insightful recommendations that are to be commended.|
|Use of External Sources 20%||Work is needed here to incorporate external sources into the report.||The student can be seen to have tried to integrate external sources into the report. Further work is needed and the student should consult a librarian to build their skill base.||Some external sources are used. Attention should be given to the strength of the sources, the criticality the student shows or the style the student is using to cite or reference them.||A number of high-quality external sources have been incorporated into the report and the references are in the APA format.||Several high-quality external sources have been incorporated into the report; the student has been critical of them and the references are in the APA format.|
No Fields Found.