Introduction to Managing Change
- Module Title: Welcome to Leading and Implementing Change in the Workplace
Aim and Module Outcomes
- Module Aim: To develop a holistic understanding of the leadership and management of change.
- Module Learning Outcomes: Critically analyse the relationship between environmental change and organisational capability.
- Critically analyse the nature of change and evaluate complex concepts relating to leadership in relation to change management.
- Explore contemporary issues and their impact on business management.
- Analyse and evaluate the relationship between organisational culture and change.
- Indicative Content:
- Environmental change and organisational response.
- Nature of the change process
- Planned and unplanned change
- Politics of change and conflict resolution
- Organisational change and culture
- Organisational change and structure
- Role of managers as change agents
- Hard and soft models of change
- Evaluating change
Scheme of Work-Jan 2023
- Week 1- Week 3- HRD/Culture
- Intro. to module
- Professional Discussion
- Indicative content
- Assignment –Professional Discussion
- Week 2 Week 5
- Change and Decision Making
- Resistance to Change
- Week 2 Week 5
- Intro. to Managing Change
- Assignment Guidance
- Week 6-
- Leadership and Change Agents
- Implementing Change
- Week 7
- Reading Week Week 10
- Assignment Submission
- Week 8 /Week 9
- Assignment Tutorials
Managing Change- Cohort Jan 23 Assignment Submission Date- 24th March 2023
Word Count 3500 plus 15 Mins Professional Discussion-31/1/23
- -Evidence for Professional Discussion
- Choose an organisation that has undertaken a major change within the last two years. This organisation can be from the public, private or 3rd sector. Having chosen the organisation provide information on the following:
- A brief background to the organisation to demonstrate its development.
- An overview of the products/services it currently offers.
- The current market position i.e profit/loss, surplus/deficit, market share.
- A description of the change that was planned /implemented with emphasis on the micro and macro environmental influences on this change.
Tutorial Questions-20 Minutes
- How do you feel about change- think about this either from a work change or personal change perspective.
- Give an example of when change has worked well for you- Explain why.
- Using your leadership assignment research give an example of a style or attribute your leader utilised in ‘change’ situations.
Remember this change has already taken place during the last 2 years. If it is a recent change you may have research constraints due to lack of feedback on the positive/ negative aspects of the success/failure of the change.
Provide background information on the organisation which should include:
Historical development- Use 5 key dates to build your organisation development profile.
Describe the sector it operates in – Private, Public or 3rd sector.
- Provide an overview of the products/services it supplies/delivers.
- A description of the Size of org.- i.e. Number of employees, number of Strategic Business Units it operates etc.
- Location- Head office or location of unit on which your change process is focussing on.
Cont: – Current Market Position
- i.e Profit/Loss, Surplus or Deficit
- Market Share/ Growth or Decline phase
- Public Sector- Who controls this organisation/unit- Central or Welsh Assembly government?
- Private/3rd Sector- Who are its major stakeholders?
- Briefly describe the ‘change’ your proposal has examined.
- Within the discussion you should identify what the nature of the change that took place was based on:
- Was it a structural change- Change of Leadership?
- Was it an operational change- Movement to AI focus ?
- Was it a location change- Cost saving measure?
- Was it as a result of the Org. growth or decline strategy- Impact of global marketplace or government cuts?
- What were the influences that caused this change to be required- Micro- Organisation issues (SWOT) or Macro- External issues (PESTLE) factors. You only need to discuss either the SWOT or PESTLE factors that had a direct influence on the requirement for the ‘change’ being investigated. You do need to include the SWOT and PESTLE in the assignment report.
- What was the impact of this change on the organisation- Physical, Financial, Human Resource, Operational capabilities (You only need to discuss one of these for the proposal)
Feasibility Discussion- Week 4 W/C 31/1/23
- The ‘feasibility’ discussion should be professionally prepared for and appropriate business language used within the discussion. The content should be of a professional standard with a logical flow to your discussion. The work needs to be supported with powerpoint slides and a reference list which provides evidence of the sources accessed to support the professional discussion.
- Please upload the powerpoint and reference list to Turnitin on Friday- 27/1/23 by 15.00 prior to your delivery of the professional discussion.
- By week 2 – Please provide me with the name of the organisation and the change you intend to examine.
- By week 3 you need to have sent me your SWOT OR PESTLE TO review.
Get expert help for Leading and Implementing Change and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!