The relevance of course content is more apparent when you can see how marketing principles can be examined in real life businesses. This assessment requires you to apply what you have learned in the course to a real life context. You explore a current marketing activity (that can be a marketing related issue) facing a company of your choice and prepare a professional report for your manager, like one you might be asked to prepare if you were working in a marketing role.
Prepare and write a professional report on a marketing activity of a real company in the last the 6 months. The activity you choose should be related to one of the course weekly topic (e.g. segmentation and targeting Week 3) explore the differences and similarities between real world practice and theory and principles covered in that week. Provide recommendations on what the company could have done differently according to the knowledge you have acquired in that week’s content.
1. Research Company Information
· Identify a company that has been involved in a marketing activity, e.g. the launch of a new product, advertising, or other communications such as sponsorship announcements, press releases, strategic changes, distribution and marketing channels, response to competitor activities, etc.
· Look through your textbook and a week’s content to make sure this type of marketing activity has been discussed and relevant.
· Check that there is enough public information available about the activity and what the company has done in response. Local Australian businesses may be easier to find information about. Make sure you have some sort of evidence that shows the activity is recent (e.g. link to company website discussing activity, annual report, industry report, image/screenshot, link to advertisement etc.).
· To help make your decision look at the company’s web pages, annual reports, articles in the press, etc. and find an activity that must have occurred in the last 6 months.
2. Selection of activity, topic, company
Example of activity and company:
A new store is opening in Adelaide. There have been several articles and media releases about it in the newspaper and online. You could relate this event to Segmentation and Targeting (geographical location or type of person the merchandise is aimed at) or Advertising (the way news about the new store was communicated to the public).
Our personal suggestion to you is to pick a activity ideally evolving from Week 1, 2, 3 i.e. Marketing OR Marketing Environment OR Customer Segmentation. You can also choose Week 4 (Market Research) if this is relatable to your selected activity (e.g. if you can get secondary information on what type of research company has conducted and what was the outcome). If you wish pick a later week’s topic (from Week 5-9) in the course, then you should go through weekly content of that particular week earlier but in this instance, you should at least go through initial week’s content (at least Week 1 and 2) to have some basic understanding of Marketing.
You will have Assessment 2 due end of Week 9. Week 10 is a short topic for your learning and is not formally assessed in the course. You should not pick Week 10 topic.
By topic, we are referring to a particular week’s content. For example, Marketing Environment is a Topic of Week 2.
Activity is the recent marketing event/action (i.e. something company is doing well or is not doing well) that is happening at the moment or has happened within the past 6 months.
Please note that COVID-19 is not a marketing activity or course topic. However, in response to COVID-19, if a company has used or changed a particular marketing strategy (e.g. reduced pricing, adopted new form of advertising), that can be considered as a marketing activity. Your report should focus on the activity and its’ outcome/effectiveness based on knowledge gained from course, rather than COVID-19 itself. If you have chosen Marketing Environment as a topic, you can discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the activity but your majority discussion should be about whether the company could have done this activity differently or better.
3. Structure the report under following sections. Use meaningful headings and title for your report.
Introduction (150-200 words)
- Provide a general description of the company.
- Outline the specific marketing activity to be examined but avoid going into any detail. Include the time when it began. You should clearly state your selected topic upfront in the introduction section (e.g. Marketing Environment Week 2). You should also provide a reference (e.g. link, or any other evidence) to the marker in this section to enable him/her to verify that the selected marketing activity is contemporary/recent.
Body (250-300 words)
- Provide a detailed description of the marketing activity.
- Summarise the part of the textbook (use page numbers) that are exemplified by this marketing activity.
Note: There may be several parts of the course that are relevant, but choose the ONE that is the most relevant and discuss this in detail (e.g. Week 2, Marketing Environment). Links to other topics can be made where appropriate, but only 1 central topic of analysis should be used.
Comparison and Recommendations (900-1100 words)
- Compare what the company is doing with what you consider to be effective, according to the course materials. Extend your search beyond textbook (use at least 5 academic sources here).
- Make recommendations about what the company could have done differently and what the outcome of these differences might have been.
- Use these questions to guide yourself:
- What are the key differences?
- Why are there these differences? Why the course material is different?
- What was the company trying to achieve? Why?
- How effective were the company’s actions?
- Would following the theories outlined in the course have changed the outcome?
Conclusion (150-200 words)
- Summarise the overall analysis
Reference List (Not included in the word count)
- List your references in the appropriate referencing format
4. Submission and Referencing requirements
- The Assignment is an individual piece of assessment (so this is NOT a group assignment).
- Always proof read your work and run spell check prior to submission.
- Coversheet is optional.
- Please read through your report criteria/feedback form very carefully. It will provide you guidance in terms of weighting of this assessment and key contents to be covered.
- Submit only in Word form.
Are you looking for help in Marketing activity report of a company? Most trusted assignment help brand is here for you. 100% safe, Order now.