|Student Details (Student should fill the content)|
|Student ID (University ID and GC ID)||Cardiff Met ID :||Gulf College ID :|
|Scheduled unit details|
|Unit code||MBA 7000|
|Unit title||People and Organisations|
|Nature of the Assessment||Assignment 1– WRIT 1|
|Topic of the Case Study||GIVEN|
|Learning Outcomes covered||YES|
|Due date / Time||XX 2022|
|I certify that the attached material is my original work. No other person’s work or ideas have been used without acknowledgement. Except where I have clearly stated that I have used some of this material elsewhere, I have not presented it for examination / assessment in any other course or unit at this or any other institution|
|Result (Assessor use only)|
|Marks by 1st Assessor||Name & Signature of the 1st Assessor||Agreed Mark|
|Marks by IV:||Name & Signature of the IV|
|For Office use only (hard copy assignments)|
|Receipt date||Received by|
|Assignment Type & Title:|
|For student use: Critical feedback on the individual progression towards achieving the assignment outcomes|
|For 1st Assessor use: Assessment feedback|
|Name & Signature of the Assessor :||Date :|
|Comments by the IV|
|Name & Signature of the IV:||Date :|
People & Organisations MBA 7000
Assignment 1 –WRIT 1 (Individual Work)
Weighting of assessment: 50% total marks
Individual report word limit: 2000 words
Learning Outcomes Covered
- Critically analyze key theoretical approaches to the management of change with reference to structure, culture, conflict and managing self
- Critically examine organizational behavior in a variety of contexts and develop discussion based on complex scenarios and the changing external environment
- Develop, explore and critique human resource management approaches in these contexts with reference to contemporary theory and an understanding of current practice
- A conceptual understanding of the core theories in understanding people and their role in organizations
Managing change and promoting innovations are quite challenging tasks for managers of most business organizations. Resistance to change has become a common topic for discussion in management meetings as well as in the business schools. Similarly, it is hard to find a business organization which does not have innovation as a key priority in its agenda. However, in the fast-changing business environments organizations continue to struggle in these areas of managing change and promoting innovations.
Identify a large public or private sector organization in the Sultanate of Oman which has a track record of over 3 years and a workforce of over 100 people. Critically analyze the challenges the selected organization is facing in managing change and promoting innovations.
If you play the role of the Head of Human Resources in this selected organization, what would be the recommendations and solutions you would suggest in managing change and promoting innovations.
Note: Your analysis should be based on the secondary data collection methods and you will not be collecting data through surveys or interviews.
- The necessity for change and innovations
- The applicability of theories in change management, product, process and business model innovations.
- The recommendations to manage change and promote innovations in the selected organization
- Introduction to the organization (10%)
- Factual and realistic findings of the organization’s current challenges and issues in managing change and promoting innovations – (25%)
- Depth and understanding of the subject in relevance to application of theories in analysis – (15%)
- A practical solution and approach to overcome the challenges in the organization – (20%)
- An appropriate conclusion with adequate justifications– (10%)
- Structure and logical flow of the report – (10%)
- Proper and contemporary referencing – (10%)
Criteria for marking
|1||10-7 Depth of key facts and well-articulated||6-3 Depth of key facts||3-2 Fair attempt||1-0 Insufficient and poor Introduction|
|2.||25-21 The current position of the Org: challenges is factual & with realistic evidence.||20-16 The current position of the Org: challenges is factual & but with little evidence.||15-11 The current position of the Org: challenges is acceptable but, lacks evidence.||10-6 Evaluation of areas of challenges are not adequate||5-0 Weak analysis and irrelevant to assignment|
|3.||15-12 Clear indication of Depth, understanding & sufficient theory||11-8 Shows an attempt to find details and sufficient theory||7-4 Depth and understanding partially acceptable, little theory||3-0 No relevance and no evidence provided|
|4.||20-16 A practical solution and approach to improve managing change and promoting innovations. which is clearly articulated||15-11 A practical solution and approach to improve managing change and promoting innovations are suggested yet require more focus||10-7 A practical solution and approach to improve managing change and promoting innovations are suggested but it is vague.||6-3 Areas are partially fulfilled||2-0 Areas are weak|
|5.||10-7 Conclusion with substance is creative, covers all areas||6-3 Conclusion is with substance, covers all areas, partially creative||3-2 Conclusion is without substance partially covers all areas, no creativity||1-0 Improper conclusion||5-0|
|6||10-7 Clear formatting & flow||6-3 Either no proper flow, acceptable format||3-0 Poor flow and no format|
|7||10-7 Clear referencing||6-3 Partly referred with few current references||3-0 poor referencing|
You must use Harvard Referencing system throughout your work. Correct in-text referencing is required and a full and correct reference list needs to be provided. Please note for academic acceptance, it is important to refer to adequate sources in building critical arguments with regard to this assignment. Generally, the university expects minimum of 15 to 20 latest sources from accepted recommended journals, required reading and recommended readings. For a list of required and recommended reading, please refer the “Module Specification” section of the student handbook.
- Paper Size : A4
- Word Count : 2000 words
- Printing Margins : LHS; RHS: 1 Inch
- Binding Margin : ½ Inch
- Header and Footer : 1 Inch
- Printing : Single Sided
- Basic Font Size : 12
- Font Style : Arial/Times New Roman
- Presentation : Bound Document
Important Information for Students
The final version of your individual assignment softcopy needs to be uploaded to the Turnitin via Cardiff Met Moodle before the deadline.
For TURNITIN submission please log on to www.cardiffmet.ac.uk and submit through the Moodle.
- The final version of your individual assignment soft copy (word format only) must be uploaded to Gulf College Moodle on or before the deadline.
The softcopy should be named as MBA-(subject number) (followed by the Cardiff met student ID.
E.g. for People & Organization
- Students are expected to keep a backup of all the assignments. Gulf College and Cardiff Metropolitan University have all the right to re call for soft copy of any assignment at any time during the course.
- Please note that plagiarism is treated as a serious offence and therefore the work you produce must be individual and original although may work in groups in some instances (Please refer to Student Handbook on Plagiarism & Cheating).
- All sources of information must be referenced using “Harvard referencing” where a reference listing should be included at the end of the assignment.
- Please note that the submission date given for this assignment is the final date that you can upload the assignment. No late submissions are allowed by the system.
- Please refer to Student Handbook on Assignments – Re-submission, mitigating circumstances procedure.
- Please include the assignment coversheet and feedback sheet in your softcopy of the assignment. Please avoid copying assignment question in your answer file.
- The submission instructions of Turnitin and Gulf College Moodle will be circulated a few weeks before the submission deadline.
Get expert help for MBA 7000 People and Organisations and many more. 24X7 help, plag free solution. Order online now!